Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The weight issue

So this post is just me ranting about my weight.



Ok you had far warning! I weigh to darn much. I know 4 kiddos , I should be worrying about other things. But all I am worried about now is , not wanting to get undressed everyday to shower. It disgusts me. Lance says he doesn't care as long as I'm happy. Well that's the problem I'm not happy. All the rolls, and bumps ugggggg. So I weigh in at 187. We have started to go to the gym every night, to get some weight and cardio workouts in. I use the elliptical every morning at home. I hope to start going to a yoga class, that scares me. I just want to be down 50 lbs. I have not set a "by this date" yet. I don't want to fail, but maybe Oct time frame?!

I need to find more healthy recipes, and snacks. Any suggestions?

Ok enough of my whining, back to the kiddo world.

Thanks

Rachel and Family

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean Rachel! I've been struggling with this same issue lately. I just recently joined a website called Spark People.

    www.sparkpeople.com

    It's free. I am planning on starting on it as soon as I wean Kate.

    Going to the gym is good! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, first things first...it is hard to get rid of baby weight. Especially when you have kiddos that keep you from getting exercise time in. It seems like you start to get into a routine and then poof it is gone. The most important thing to do is remember that you are important to and make sure that you get your time. I take time in the morning before the boys get up and when they nap. Also, we got a double jogger so that I can take them walking and running. Walking is such a great workout! Walk to the park, the store, walk every chance you get (you actually work so many more muscles). Girl, you can do it! If you need some DVD's let me know (really...I will share.) :) I find something new is always nice.

    Second, as far as snacking. I have a huge problem with that. I must say, if I keep yummy things in my house, I eat them. No self-control is what I like to call it. I really try not to buy things like cookies and candy. When you don't have it, you can't eat it. Healthy snacks-we do lots of clementines, apples, carrots, almonds, and popcorn. And I don't know if you are a soda drinker, but it really helps when you cut it out of your diet. Ocean Spray has these new drink packs you can put in water bottles...so GOOD! They have flavors like Blueberry Lemonade, Cranberry Grape, and they taste really good. (Doh I said that).

    Lastly, I've always felt this way...weight is just a number. As long as you feel good, that is all that matters. It sounds like you are on your way to being happier. You will be there before you know it, you can reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I have suggestions!! call me dollface! I think your beautiful but above all else I want you to be happy. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey its bobbi! I am with you with the weight frustrations. I hated my weight before i got pregnant and hoped that i wouldnt gain lots of weight but the scale keeps going up and up and im so scared of what the ending weight will say when i have this baby. I have a feeling im going to have like 60 pounds or more to lose to be at a weight im ok with! Im dreading it so much. Weight sucks! Good luck! Ill be fighting it with you in 5 months!

    ReplyDelete