Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Cabbage and Sausage Soup

Good Morning all.

We really enjoyed this soup the other night. Only one of my children refused to eat it, in my book that is pretty good. Then again he never tries new things easily.


I am not going to be too specific on amount in this post, the soup consisted of mostly "leftovers and extras" I had around.


4 russet potatoes peeled and chopped

16 oz chicken stock

1 tsp garlic minced

salt and pepper to taste

1/2 head of cabbage (leftovers from this recipe)

4 turkey sausage chunks


Place potatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper, and garlic in crock pot. Cook for 2 hours on high. Add cabbage and turkey sausage cook on high another 3 hours.


I would have normally used kielbasa but sausage is what I had in the fridge!


We also had a loaf of bread with some butter to finish off the meal. It was great on our chilly Washington night.


Rachel and Family

1 comment:

  1. Yumm...I will have to try this. You should try German sloppy joes. You take cabbage and chop it up, saute it with some ground beef/turkey and season with salt/pepper. Then add yellow mustard to taste (we put at least 1/2 c and then some on the buns). Then you serve it on hamburger buns. Super yummy.

    ReplyDelete