Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

My "southwest" Chicken

I say "southwest" because I have NO idea what cuisines go where. I just know there are some cowboys in the west. And there is salsa!!! So here it is plain and simple (or not so simple.....).




2 cups salsa

3 ears of corn

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts



Pour salsa into pot and heat at mid-high. While the salsa is heating place corn in boiling salted water (I'm sure you could used can corn, but I had bought some at the farmers market I wanted to use) boil 5-6 mins. Start grill and grill chicken till "juice runs clear" (I always here that, but I'm never sure, I could use a thermometer, but no I cut the chicken to check it and mine has never dried out), I then "cut the corn off the cob using a steak knife in a downward motion" (I'm sure there is a name for that), add corn to salsa, let heat 3-5 mins. I heated mine in the time it took me to cut the children's chicken.




Oh and I made bread for the first time today, and had a little helper!! I'll post that later!!

Lance and Rachel, Annabelle, Mathew, Jacob, and Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment