Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup

Last week we went to the Olympia Farmers Market! It was small and simple just what I needed for our first trip. Not too much going on to get overwhelmed!!!

We only picked up a few things, I didn't want to go overboard with out a meal menu in place for the week.



Carrots, potatoes, and apples. We also picked up a few organic chocolate chip cookies. They were fantastic! I also figured I could eat a few extra since they were organic, right!!??!!

So I the next night we made soup. After I had the 5 potatoes cleaned, peeled and half chopped I realized I was making chicken noodle not just chicken soup. So our soup had extra carbs noodles and potatoes (I had to use the noodle because I knew the children would at least eat them)!!
I boiled the chicken which was something Lance taught me about a year ago after spending time in "the field" where he was only fed rice and chicken. It worked great for the soup. I had the potatoes, 4 carrots, celery, salt and pepper, and chicken broth in the crock pot while the chicken breast strips boiled for 30 mins. Then I added the chicken to the crock pot for another 2 hours on high (while at karate). It softened the carrots and potatoes just right and allowed the chicken to shred!


Soup was a hit!! Everybody enjoyed it.
1 month down 8 to go!!!
Rachel and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment