Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Easiest Cookie ever!

As many of you know I am all about easy! So I have been looking online lately for recipes mainly at http://www.foodgawker.com/ and blogs. But tonight I pulled out one of my very first cookbooks. The Home and Garden Limited Edition Pink Plaid Cookbook. And found this recipe I have had bookmarked for over a year now. I have always been afraid of flour. The mess more than anything, I mean that stuff gets everywhere. I have this fear of a bowl spilling, just thinking about it makes me cringe! Well lately I have been getting better and I tried this recipe tonight.

Scotch Shortbread

1 cup butter softened

2 cups flour

3/4 cup powdered sugar



Combine flour and sugar in a bowl.

Mix butter in a mixing bowl with mixer and gradually add flour mixture. Separate dough into 2 halves. Make into a ball on ungreased cookie sheet. I used 1 cookie sheet and 1 Pampered Chef stoneware (my first time for that too). Slice (I used a pizza cutter).






Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack. Mine made 10 pieces each. I think I had 12 the first day. I'm horrible I know but they are so good! I am going to use cookie cutters the next time too! Enjoy
Rachel and Lance, Annabelle, Mathew, Jacob, and Landon


No comments:

Post a Comment